Prague Fall Season – Operations Associate
During this fall (September – December), Prague will become a global hub of the EA/Rationality community and will host events, workshops, communities, and talent from all over the world. We are looking for individuals who will help us to create a welcoming and supportive environment and continue to develop Prague as a unique place to aspire to change the world for the better.
We are looking for several operations associates who will have an integral role in ensuring the smooth functioning of our newly expanded office in Prague, which will provide a base for both visiting and local researchers and fellows. We expect there to be between 20 and 50 people at the office at any given time. You will be working closely with the Project Lead Irena Kotíková and her team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Catering to the needs of the occupants of the office, making them feel welcomed and taken care of.
- Fostering a sense of healthy community among the residents, feeling the pulse of the environment, and proposing improvements and fixes.
- Helping with administrative tasks necessary for the smooth functioning of the office, and for parts of the resident’s communication with Czech authorities.
- Fixing simple practical issues with the office equipment, and AV tech. Managing and ordering office supplies.
- Running, organizing, and optionally helping with designing events that will be taking place at the office, from workshops to lectures to yoga classes.
- Overseeing and managing clean-up, making sure the place is clean and representable at all times.
- Solving ad hoc tasks and running errands that will unexpectedly come up.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Are extremely well-organized: you will manage lots of small tasks and relationships. You will need to stay on top of them while staying calm and composed.
- Have a proactive attitude and a natural problem-solving mindset. You will notice what isn’t right before anyone else and do your best to fix it.
- Are a great communicator and listener. You will need to be empathetic and confident while communicating with various stakeholders, primarily in English and optionally in Czech.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. Accuracy and attention to detail are in your nature.
- Have an idealistic attitude: you are aligned with our mission of creating a better world and believe change is possible.
- Have experience working with Google Suite and Slack.
- Are non-judgmental, and understand the sense of community spirit: You can relate to people from different backgrounds and cultures, and do your best to understand their needs and where they are coming from.
Ideal candidates will have proven experience with administrative and operations support, basic knowledge of ideas of effective altruism, and experience with working in a multicultural environment. However, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t check all the boxes. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop their skills in operations and project management and observe how high-impact individuals operate. While we would prefer to accept candidates with Czech language skills, we encourage international candidates to apply and would make accommodations in the scope of the role.
Compensation and benefits
The time commitment of this role is flexible in the range of 0.5-1 FTE and requires a physical presence in our Prague office. We will offer a competitive salary (~$2-5k/month) depending on experience and location.
We are ideally looking for candidates who could start working during August, or in early September.
This is a temporary role currently funded until December 2022. However, we have the ability to offer a more permanent position to an exceptional candidate.
If you are interested in this job please apply through this form. We will evaluate applications on a rolling basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive and respectful work environment.