Prague Fall Season – Events Associate
During this fall (September – December), Prague will become a global hub of the EA/Rationality community and will host events, workshops, communities, and talent from all over the world. We are looking for individuals who will help us to create a welcoming and supportive environment and continue to develop Prague as a unique place to aspire to change the world for the better.
We are looking for several event associates who will have an integral part in ensuring the smooth functioning of the venue where most of our events are going to be held. The venue is a beautiful chateau close to Golčův Jeníkov (a 1.5-hour train ride from Prague). This position will require a presence on-site for on average 4 nights a week. You will be working closely with the Project Lead Irena Kotíková, the venue manager (permanent position) and event organizers (different for each event), as well as the venue personnel (cooks, cleaners, maintenance staff). Your main responsibility will be to facilitate an overall positive experience for the visitors during their stay at the venue, making them feel welcomed and comfortable. This will include a wide range of tasks like:
- Managing the intake and departure of the guests and other staff. Assigning rooms, and making sure the venue is prepared and easy to navigate.
- Communicating the necessary operational information to the guests in a succinct and polite manner.
- Answering questions and being open and responsive to feedback and suggestions for improving the participant experience.
- Preparing and maintaining rooms for the specific needs of the events. Arranging furniture and supplies, cleaning whiteboards and flipcharts.
- Catering to the needs of the guests, making sure they feel homely, that no dietary requirements or special needs are overlooked.
- Coordinating the venue staff in between and during events.
- Helping to conceptualize the way some parts of the events will unfold, making suggestions to event organizers based on your knowledge of the venue.
At our events, we strive to create an atmosphere of convenience and simplicity, where there are no hidden frustrations and unnecessary barriers to enjoying the event, and your task will be to identify and remedy any obstacles to achieving this goal.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Are extremely well-organized: you will be managing lots of small tasks and relationships. You will need to be organized to stay on top of them while staying calm and composed.
- Have a proactive attitude and a natural problem-solving mindset. You will notice what isn’t right before anyone else and do your best to fix it.
- Are a great communicator and listener. You will need to be empathetic and confident while communicating with various stakeholders, primarily in English and optionally in Czech.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. Accuracy and attention to detail are in your nature.
- Have an idealistic attitude: you are aligned with our mission of creating a better world and believe change is possible.
- Have some experience working with Google Suite and Slack.
- Are non-judgmental, and understand the sense of community spirit: you can relate to people from different backgrounds and cultures, and do your best to understand their needs and where they are coming from.
Ideal candidates will have proven experience with running and organizing events, basic knowledge of ideas of effective altruism, experience with working in a multicultural environment, or experience with interior design. However, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t check all the boxes. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop their skills in operations and project management and observe how high-impact individuals operate. While we would prefer to accept candidates with Czech language skills, we encourage international applicants to apply and would make accommodations in the scope of the role.
Compensation and benefits
The time commitment of this role is flexible in the range of 0.5-1 FTE and requires a physical presence in Prague and at the venue. We will offer a competitive salary (~$2-5k/month) depending on experience and location.
We are ideally looking for candidates who could start working during August, or in early September.
This is a temporary role currently funded until December 2022. However, we have the ability to offer a more permanent position to an exceptional candidate.
If you are interested in this job please apply through this form. We will evaluate applications on a rolling basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive and respectful work environment.